Parmesan cheese and dill make this the most incredible chicken salad I’ve ever tasted. For the no-cook version, use canned chicken. These sandwiches are a simple entree to serve at parties, showers or picnics.—Jaclyn Bell, Logan, Utah
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 croissants, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over chicken mixture; mix well. Spoon chicken salad onto croissant bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches in Country Woman June/July 2013, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2013
"Yum! Loved the seasonings! It was a quick and easy way to make a delicious, special-occasion sandwich."