These easy sandwiches are great for game day! They’re tasty, and also so easy to prep ahead and assemble later at the event. Colleen Sturma — Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into six slices
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over each chicken breast; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Spread 3 tablespoons pesto over six slices of toast; layer with red peppers, chicken and cheese. Spread remaining pesto over remaining toast; place over top. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pesto Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p18
Reviews for Chicken Pesto Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review