One night I looked in the refrigerator and thought, "What can I make with chicken, cheese, mushrooms and pesto?" This pretty dish was the result. Add Italian bread and fruit salad and you have a meal! —Melissa Nordmann, Mobile, AL
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1/4 cup pesto over chicken breasts.
- Coarsely chop half of the sliced mushrooms; scatter remaining sliced mushrooms in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top each chicken breast with a fourth of the chopped mushrooms and a halved cheese slice. Roll up chicken from a short side; secure with toothpicks. Place seam side down on top of the sliced mushrooms.
- Bake, covered, until chicken is no longer pink, 25-30 minutes. Preheat broiler; top chicken with remaining pesto and remaining cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and browned, 3-5 minutes longer. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pesto Roll-Ups in Taste of Home February/March 2017
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Pesto Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review