Tapenade-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 pitted Greek olives
- 4 pitted Spanish olives
- 4 pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until tomatoes and olives are coarsely chopped. Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Fill with olive mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- Lightly coat grill rack with cooking oil. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in stuffing reads 165°. Sprinkle with cheese. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed chicken breast half (calculated without cheese): 264 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Aug 30, 2019
Chicken with tapenade in the center ....2 of our favorite things. I grilled the chicken on the grill but with put on a piece of foil. Even securing with toothpicks, some of the stuffing fell out.
Oct 16, 2018
Tasted good. Took quite a while longer than indicated to cook.