- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side. Add broth and wine; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in White Wine Sauce
"chicken recipes are good... but all the stupid adverts would drive me up the wall"
"Delicious,, This is our Sunday dinner today. I always add garlic and shallots,I make double the sauce and braise the chicken"
"This is an amazing, easy to make, delicious recipe. I always prepare this on the stove top from start to finish, without transferring it to the oven. I let the sauce thicken in the skillet, and spoon it over the chicken pieces. Wonderful entree to serve guests and family; very attractive and nutritious. Thanks for sharing this great recipe."
"This recipe can be made in a non- stick Dutch Oven. No need to transfer to oven to bake. I used a salt-free seasoning blend and regular chicken broth I had on hand.Lemon pepper seasoning works easily as well."
"This recipe was so easy and it was so moist. It is definitely a keeper. The only thing I changed was when the chicken was done I took it out of the oven and placed it on a plate. I then made a sauce with cornstarch and milk to thicken it up. I then put the chicken back in the over and spooned the sauce over it and put the parm cheese on top for about 10 minutes. It was awesome."