- 4-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, salt and pepper. Press into six greased 10-oz. custard cups; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add the flour, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and basil. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and peas. Spoon into prepared crusts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken in Potato Baskets
"Delicious except too salty. Next time, I will omit the added salt."
"Delicious!! I shred my own potatoes for the hash browns and it's just as great!"
"Family hit the second time I made these. I actually partially cook my hashbrowns in the microwave before shaping them in the ramekins. I also like to sprinkle shredded cheddar or colby cheese before baking. Just adds another depth of flavor."
"This was very good. I made it years ago but forgot about it. I need to make it again."
"Love this! Have made it lots of times already."
"Delicious! My whole family loved it & said "it's a keeper". I didn't have custard cups so I used a 9x9 square dish & layered the hash brown mixture on bottom, then poured the filling on top. I used cubed hash browns and it worked well. Bake as per recipe. Highly recommend!"
"Love it!! I have made this several times.. Very easy and something different.."
"These potpies are easy to prepare and the combination of potatoes, chicken and basil are a winner!"