- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the egg whites, egg and 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, cook the egg mixture over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, remove and cut into 1-in. pieces; keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the onion and garlic until tender. Add vegetables; cover and cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until no longer frozen. Stir in the chicken, soy sauce and remaining salt; cook for 1 minute. Add rice; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Add eggs; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken Fried Rice for Four
Sort By :
"This was a tasty recipe that my whole family enjoyed-even my two picky children! I used a precooked rotisserie chicken, instead of the chicken breast. The chicken was was tender and easy to shred. I also used two whole eggs in place of the egg whites. I added brown rice for an authentic flavor."
"This was very close to authentic fried rice. I cooked the rice beforehand so this recipe came together very fast. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!"
"This was so close to a restaurant taste but far healthier for you! We used brown rice and maybe half the salt. Also used olive oil instead of cooking spray (just because we like olive oil) and carmelized the onions slightly. If we'd have had some bamboo shoots, it would have a perfect restaurant substitute! Thanks for the great recipe!!"