- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil and butter over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- In the same skillet, whisk the lemon juice, parsley and mustard until blended. Whisk in broth and green onions; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Diane
"Rating 5 stars simply because my kids really liked it and they are a tough crowd. I ordered this at a diner a few times because I really like it. I doubled the sauce due to other comments. Could have trippled. Very good."
"No Brandy, cream or shallots? Hard to make Diane Sauce without the 3 main ingredients!"
"This recipe is a nice, delicious surprise. I happened to have all of the ingredients and needed to use up some green onions that were in my fridge. I served this with rice and added an additional pat of butter to the sauce for richness. This makes 4 servings but it would be easy to pare down or increase ingredients for less or more people. Perfect for sunday supper or any special occasion. I will definitely be making this again."
"Sauce doesn't make enough for 4 chicken breasts so double the sauce ingredients. Overall it was a great flavor."
"The sauce is tangy and wonderful ! It went together very quickly. I thickened mine with a little bit of Corn Startch. Very tasty and you may want to double up on the ingredients. It does not make much. I bumped the chicken stock up to 1/3 cup and it could have used a little more. Everyone will surely want their share of the sauce.Janie"
"I made this last night for supper and the whole family loved it. I followed the recipe exactly and will definitely make it again!"
"This was outstanding and so easy. I pared it with some parmesan noodles and broccoli and everyone loved it."
"This was wonderful!! It's recipes like this that make me come to this website. I will make this again and again. Thank you, Elissa."