In this classic dish, a luscious sauce of lemon juice, Dijon mustard and green onions ideally complements tender chicken breasts that are browned to a golden perfection on the stovetop.—Elissa Armbruster, Medford, New Jersey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil and butter over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- In the same skillet, whisk the lemon juice, parsley and mustard until blended. Whisk in broth and green onions; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Diane in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p6
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Diane
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review