- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup diced apple
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 4 croissants, split
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ginger, mustard and salt. Stir in chicken, apple, sunflower kernels and green onions. Gently fold in mandarin oranges. Serve on croissants with lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Croissant Sandwiches
"I had totally forgotten about this recipe.. My great aunt used to make this, so this recipe brought back so many good memories. I love mandarin oranges! Because I didn't have quite the amount of chicken, I also chopped up one stalk of celery to make more of the salad."
"I made these chicken sandwiches for lunch today and wished I had found this recipe sooner. It is fabulous. The flavor is delightful and both hubby and I loved these sandwiches. I used fresh Mandarin oranges and finely chopped some sweet onion since I did not have any green onion. Those were the only changes I made. I highly recommend this delicious recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"It was great. I made extra chicken Fingers the night before and used them in this recipe.Also I use an onion roll."