Everyone needs a surefire grab-and-go tailgate or picnic recipe. Wonton wrappers filled with chicken and spices make these bites fun on the run. Heidi Jobe, Carrollton, Georgia
Featured In: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup buttermilk ranch salad dressing
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium chili seasoning mix
- 1-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and sliced green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups. Bake 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix salad dressing and seasoning mix; add chicken and toss to coat. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into each wonton cup. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through and wrappers are golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with sour cream and green onions before serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chicken Chili Wonton Bites in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p75
Reviews for Chicken Chili Wonton Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2015
"This were good and tasty. Mixture was simple. I only was able to fill about 24 of the 36 wontons. I think I could have used more chicken, possibly 1/2 to 1 cup more, leaving the sauce mixture the same."