- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 package (12 ounces) unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in the broth, seasonings and eggs. Add bread cubes and parsley; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine soup and water; spoon over chicken. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Dressing Dish(8)
Sort By :
This dish had great flavor. It was however, very very mushy, and I left out the last one third cup water. Baked for an hour and a half to dry it out some and still was very mushy.
Mine turned out soggy. Maybe I didn't bake it long enough?
This recipe is out of sight! Comfort food at its best. I will definitely make again.... and again and again!