“Canned soup makes this elegant classic so quick and easy,” shares Jennifer Eggebraaten from Hastings, Michigan, and pimientos, celery and peppers add both color and crunch. “It’s a great recipe for using up leftover chicken or turkey and one that my family really enjoys,” Jennifer adds.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 6 slices bread, toasted and halved
- In a large skillet, saute celery and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the soup, milk and pepper. Add the chicken, mushrooms and pimientos. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken a la King in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p24
Reviews for Chicken A La King for Four
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review