- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute chicken in reserved drippings until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, cream, sage and 1/4 cup cheese to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and spinach is wilted. Drain fettuccine and add to skillet. Stir in the chicken and shrimp; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken & Shrimp Fettuccine
Sort By :
"Delicious! Made this for my "Sweetheart" for Valentine's Day and he loved it...we both did!"
"Really good. I doubled the recipe. I used olive oil to saut? the shrimp and fry the chicken. We tasted flavor in this because the canned tomatoes had spices with them. If not for that, I think it may have lacked flavor. Definitely high calorie."
"This was really rich and yummy. I will admit I goofed and didn't get the shrip cooked when i picked them up. I just cooked them at home with salt an pepper. It was fine that way, but I think having them steamed at the store with ole bay or some other kind of seasoning will give this another layer of flavor. I also did add a bit of salt and pepper to the sauce it brought out the flavor of the tomato's . I liked the fact it went together quickly. I'm always looking for recipes that are like that especially when i have to work late"
"This was delicious. I served dish with angel hair pasta & doubled the sauce per another reviewer. Everyone liked this dish very much. Served garlic toast & salad with meal."
"Tasty and I only used chicken. Will make again."