Cherry Cream Pie Recipe
A favorite vacation spot in Wisconsin—Door County (in the “thumb” of the state)—is known for its abundance of cherry orchards, and that’s where this recipe originated. We think it’s a delectable dessert, with a nutty crumb crust, real whipped cream and, of course, cherry pie filling.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, butter and brown sugar. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, stirring once. Set aside 1 cup of crumbs. While warm, press the remaining crumbs into a greased 9-in. pie plate, firmly pressing onto the bottom and up the sides. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and almond extract until smooth. Spread over bottom of crust. Gently fold whipped cream into the pie filling; spread over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cream Pie in Country February/March 2006, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2010
"Very good! Although I thought it could have used a little more of the cream cheese layer for the amount of cherry layer. Loved the crust!"