Cherry-Chicken Salad Croissants Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cherries, celery, apple and pecans. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, salt and pepper; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken salad onto each croissant. Yield: 7 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cherry-Chicken Salad Croissants
Sort By :
Delicious chicken salad. Important to use well seasoned chicken--I used rotsserie chicken. Skipped the croissants, makes a great sandwich on toasted wheat bread w/ lettuce. Yum
This is really delicious! A bit of chopping but well worth the small effort. (oh, chopped the cherries too) I would LOVE it on the croissant, but actually put mine on a bed of lettuce and it was just lovely & tasty. Thank-you bunches Martha!
This is delicious. My husband and teenage son really like this. I have made it without the buttermilk when I didn't have any and it is still very good
I make a very similar recipe without the buttermilk and it is wonderful. I also use the canned chicken which I flake.
Easy to prepare and very flavorful. My favorite sandwich!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >