Cherry-Chicken Salad Croissants Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cherries, celery, apple and pecans. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, salt and pepper; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken salad onto each croissant. Yield: 7 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cherry-Chicken Salad Croissants(6)
Sort By :
This is delicious. My husband and teenage son really like this. I have made it without the buttermilk when I didn't have any and it is still very good
I make a very similar recipe without the buttermilk and it is wonderful. I also use the canned chicken which I flake.
Easy to prepare and very flavorful. My favorite sandwich!!!
Very quick and easy to put together, and very tasty. Used fresh bing cherries (summer availability) cut in half rather than dried. Husband who has been known to turn his nose up at "chicken anything" even devoured his meal. Served it on lettuce leaf along with dinner rolls. Plan to make it again for lunch guests in a few weeks.
I have made this recipe so many times, but have never rated it on TOH. This is the best chicken salad I have ever had. My husband and children love it. It is easy and tasty. It tastes better after it has been in the fridge a while, so, if there are any leftovers, they're better than the original. I always use cherry-flavored craisins instead of cherries, and I often use butter crackers, like Ritz, instead of the croissants. I have never served it to anyone who disliked it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >