Cherry Almond Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves, warmed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat the egg, sour cream and extract until smooth; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth. In a saucepan over low heat, warm preserves. For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Divide cream cheese filling and preserves evenly among muffin cups; swirl gently. Cover with remaining batter. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 7 muffins.
Reviews for Cherry Almond Muffins
Sort By :
This is a very yummy muffin. Will definitely make it again.
I have made this twice now and it is amazing. The best muffin I have ever had. Batter is almost like dough so I just pat small amount in bottom of each muffin hole, do filling, then pat out little disk of dough and place on top. It makes 9 regular size muffins. I fill to the top of hole and pile on crumbs. It does not raise much so that works perfect. Just make sure you take them out of tin after 4 or 5 minutes of cooling. I have left over cheesecake batter so each time so I make 2 little cheesecakes in the muffin tin too. These muffins are worth the extra time and effort.
ACTUALLY, I want to try this recipe-I never made it before, but I can gurantee that it will be good!
Love this recipe. Also make it as a coffee cake. Awesome!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >