- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large saucepan, cook zucchini in 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Place rice in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Layer with chilies and 1-1/2 cups cheese. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, green pepper, onion, parsley, salt and oregano. Spread over cheese. Layer with zucchini and tomato. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Rice Casserole
Sort By :
"used garlic salt instead of regular salt, a pinch of garlic powder and added 1/2 tsp of basil, omitted green pepper and parsley. Basically just tweaked the herbs to my taste. Very good recipe. I have a similar recipe that doesn't call for sour cream so probably fewer calories but I love creamy."