Cheesy Zucchini Rice Casserole Recipe
Cheese is one of the major agricultural products in our area of northern California. A colleague gave me this recipe a number of years ago, and it's always a hit at potluck dinners.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large saucepan, cook zucchini in 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Place rice in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Layer with chilies and 1-1/2 cups cheese. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, green pepper, onion, parsley, salt and oregano. Spread over cheese. Layer with zucchini and tomato. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Zucchini Rice Casserole in Country Extra September 2002, p51
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Rice Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >