Garden-fresh zucchini and cherry tomatoes are tastefully combined in these colorful appetizers. Writes Amy Frombach of Bradford, Pennsylvania, "Folks tend to hang around the appetizer tray whenever I serve these pretty party bites."
- 5 medium zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Cut zucchini into 3/4-in. slices. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the insides and discard, leaving the bottom intact. Place zucchini on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon 1/2 teaspoon crumbled blue cheese into each.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; sprinkle half over blue cheese. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 35 appetizers.
Originally published as Cheesy Zucchini Bites in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review