- 5 medium zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Cut zucchini into 3/4-in. slices. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the insides and discard, leaving the bottom intact. Place zucchini on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon 1/2 teaspoon crumbled blue cheese into each.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; sprinkle half over blue cheese. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 35 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Bites
"I made them using mozzerella chesse since my family doesnt care for blue or feta which I love. They loved them but Im gonna try some with the original recipe for me next time."
"I made these with feta cheese and they were delicious. My zucchini were a little larger than the recipe calls for but still worked great. My husband said that this recipe is a keeper. They are good cold, too. We tried a couple that way to see how they would be to take to a picnic."
"Awesome flavor, I'm hooked. I'll definitely make these again."
"Taste great and adds great color to the appetizer table."
"I like blue cheese but my husband does not so I will probably use feta cheese instead."