Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 5 large potaotes)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese slices, finely chopped (3/4 cup), divided
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place a third of the potatoes in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper; sprinkle half over potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of each cheese and half of the onions. Repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes. Pour milk over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes(5)
Sort By :
easy and really taste good
I used Youkon Gold potatoes, sliced thin. I also added garlic powder. Next time I will also add Italin seasoning. It turned out great.
I thought this recipe was really lacking something. I made it for Easter dinner based on the reviews and was disappointed. Guests didn't complain but didn't get rave reviews either.
CHRISTmas Eve Dinner, 2011. Basic recipe followed, but with some changes. Very nice, but found Yukon Gold Potatoes are not a good choice for baking in a casserole, never softened like as done and I baked almost two hours. Yukon Golds fantastic for mashed pots ... yum ... Merry CHRISTmas .. !
This is a really good scalloped potatoe recipe. I looked all over to find a nice cheesy one at this one is it! The swiss cheese and onions are really good, but I did use minced dried onion because that's all I had but they softned up and taste wonderful. This is my go to cheesy scalloped potatoe recipe from now on!!
More Recipe Collections
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Scalloped Potato >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >