Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Casserole with Bacon Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, onion mixture and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Casserole with Bacon
Sort By :
"I just made this for the first time. LOVE it. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I made it exactly as the recipe stated....did not alter a thing even though I was a little concerned about putting dill weed in it. Love the green pepper/onion taste in the dish and the added texture that the hash browns add to it. I personally highly recommend this dish."
"Awesome and super easy to make. Even made it the night before so in the morning I just had to put it in the oven and it was still great."
"I made this today and it is awesome. I did tweek it a bit after reading some of the reviews. I added fresh bella mushrooms and some fresh spinach to the onions and peppers. I tossed the hashbrowns in some season salt to counter the blandness of the potatoes. I also used a casserole blend shredded cheese and increased the amount because we love cheese. This is going to be added to our Christmas Eve brunch this year. Very, very yummy!"
"Easy to assemble, but just rather average."
"This was great! I made it as the main dish of a family brunch and it got good reviews. I substituted diced ham for the bacon, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The texture and taste were amazing. I would definitely make this again. It also reheats quite nicely in the microwave."