Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Casserole with Bacon Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, onion mixture and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Casserole with Bacon
Sort By :
Easy to assemble, but just rather average.
This was great! I made it as the main dish of a family brunch and it got good reviews. I substituted diced ham for the bacon, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The texture and taste were amazing. I would definitely make this again. It also reheats quite nicely in the microwave.
I am a TOH field editor and like this egg bake for its versatility and ease of prep! I like to add mushrooms and green onions or chives and some sweet red pepper instead of a green pepper-just like it more colorful! Definitely give this one a try!!
A very hearty breakfast. I've been requested to make this on several occasions. I generally have to keep it in the oven for about an hour-this is longer than what the recipe calls for.
Made this exactly as in recipe. Very disappointing because it reminded me of a very good cheesy potato dish I make frequently for parties. This dish was so bland and the texture unappealing that I can't even think how to tweak it other than replacing the potatoes with bread as in a strata. I would never make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >