Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Casserole with Bacon Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, onion mixture and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Casserole with Bacon
Sort By :
I made this today and it is awesome. I did tweek it a bit after reading some of the reviews. I added fresh bella mushrooms and some fresh spinach to the onions and peppers. I tossed the hashbrowns in some season salt to counter the blandness of the potatoes. I also used a casserole blend shredded cheese and increased the amount because we love cheese. This is going to be added to our Christmas Eve brunch this year. Very, very yummy!
Easy to assemble, but just rather average.
This was great! I made it as the main dish of a family brunch and it got good reviews. I substituted diced ham for the bacon, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The texture and taste were amazing. I would definitely make this again. It also reheats quite nicely in the microwave.
I am a TOH field editor and like this egg bake for its versatility and ease of prep! I like to add mushrooms and green onions or chives and some sweet red pepper instead of a green pepper-just like it more colorful! Definitely give this one a try!!
A very hearty breakfast. I've been requested to make this on several occasions. I generally have to keep it in the oven for about an hour-this is longer than what the recipe calls for.