- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, onion mixture and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Casserole with Bacon
Sort By :
"I make mine with jimmy dean sausage and add velvetta shreds to the mix. I am not sure about the dill, pretty much whatever you would put in an omelet you can make this casserole with. I also have cooked it over night in the crockpot on low..."
"It was ok, I tried to cut the recipe in 1/2, felt it was a little dry, next time I will also add more cheese for flavor"
"Made for Christmas morning and we were very disappointed. There was very little flavor except for the dill which just does not go well with eggs..yuck! Hash browns were limp & tasteless.. Would have been better just to make scrambled eggs with crispy hash browns instead. I don't understand the positive ratings for this dish."
"I just made this for the first time. LOVE it. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I made it exactly as the recipe stated....did not alter a thing even though I was a little concerned about putting dill weed in it. Love the green pepper/onion taste in the dish and the added texture that the hash browns add to it. I personally highly recommend this dish."
"Awesome and super easy to make. Even made it the night before so in the morning I just had to put it in the oven and it was still great."