Cheesy Beef Taco Dip Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 pound pepper Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheeses, taco sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms and olives. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 10 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Beef Taco Dip
Sort By :
I made this recipe for a bridge group, and it made such a large quantity that I had enough to freeze for another time. We had it at a family gathering over Memorial weekend, and everyone loved it. I really like it. I think you could half the recipe if you did not want to freeze it. I will definitely make again.
My husband's comment? "Mmmmm...beefy cheesy. How can you go wrong?" I made this for the Super Bowl this year and everyone loved it. I swear it was even better the next day. Hubby even put some leftovers over rice the next day and said it was delicious. Not super healthy, but I used the 2% milk Velveeta and lean ground beef, so it wasn't QUITE as bad. This would be great over baked potatoes, too...
This was so easy to make and total hit a 4th of July bbq. I used 1 can diced green chilies and 1 can diced tomatoes since I misread the directions. Worked just fine. Several people asked me for "My" recipe. Directed everyone to the "Taste of Home" website. Nearly every recipe from this site is a hit. Now to go make the Curry Chicken Salad for this evenings fireworks.
When it comes to dips, this is one of my favorites to make. Very easy and addicting too.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Dip >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Cheese Dip >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >