Cheesy Beef Spirals Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup of meat sauce in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drain pasta; place half over sauce. Top with half of the remaining meat sauce; spread with sour cream. Top with process cheese and remaining pasta and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Beef Spirals
Sort By :
Pretty good, my daughter loves it.
This recipe was so good! I used Large shell pasta and added red pepper flakes for a little spice. I will be making this again.
I made a few modifications to this recipe. I used only 1 pound of beef- 2 pounds sounded like too much! I left out the mushrooms and didn't use the Velveeta. I used 2 cups of mozzarella and 1/4 cup of Parmesan. I didn't layer it either. Not only is it quicker to just mix everything together, it lets the flavors blend. I then topped it with the cheeses. It was delicious- will make again. The sour cream adds a nice addition- makes it creamy.
My husband and I loved it.
My family LOVES this and asks for it very often!