Cheddar Chicken Spirals
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, salt and basil. Stir in the vegetables, chicken and 1 cup cheese. Drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
This recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 633 calories, 39g fat (14g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 20, 2017
This is a delicious meal. I added Italian seasoning to the chicken when I sauted it to give it an even deeper level of seasoning. It was a big hit.
Nov 20, 2014
This really is great! Very easy to make. I didn't have quite enough cheddar cheese so I used a mixed blend I had as well (mozzarella, provolone, asiago, parmesan and romano cheeses). I think the combination of all the cheeses made it even better. This time I cooked some fresh carrots in the same water as the pasta and added those as well since I didn't have as many frozen vegetables as I wanted. I usually put this together and then stick it in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes. It's delicious!
Sep 24, 2013
Super yummy meal! I did however use canned veggies, parsley instead of basil b/c I was out, & cut up sliced cheese since we were also out of shredded.. A dash of Parmesan oh & shredded chicken thighs. Came out better than expected super fast & simple.. Also did decided 2 bake it til heated thru
Aug 1, 2012
This was a hit in our house, too. And so easy.
Apr 22, 2010
Fixed it tonight for supper... IT IS A HUGE HIT!!! I can't believe how easy and inexpensive it is. It has all of my daughters' favorites, not to mention quick and almost a one-dish! So it will definetly be a keeper in this house!! Thanks again for another easy and great recipe!