I invented this soup accidentally! Actually, it came about when I was new to cooking, and didn't know that "chowder" was a kind of soup—so I made mashed potatoes to go with the dish I was making. We ended up dunking our mashed potatoes into the soup as "gravy"—and it was delicious!—Karen Davies, Wanipigow, Manitoba
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 to 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- In a large saucepan, cook beef with onion and green pepper until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Add broccoli and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Broccoli Chowder in Country Ground Beef 1993, p15
Reviews for Cheeseburger Broccoli Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review