- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and pepper
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 cups mostaccioli, cooked and drained
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the soups, milk, mushrooms, pimientos, olives, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Add the chicken, mostaccioli, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and the Swiss cheese; toss to mix.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Chicken Mostaccioli in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p75
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheddar Chicken Mostaccioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2010
"I've been making this recipe for years. We have omitted the olives. A family favorite."