Cheddar Stuffed Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 8 cubes cheddar cheese (1/2 inch each)
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into eight portions. Shape each portion around a cheese cube.
- Place meatballs in an 8x4-in. glass loaf pan coated with cooking spray; top with soup. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 350 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 972mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
May 23, 2014
I like these. Used fresh minced garlic instead of powder, and cream of mushroom soup instead of tomato. Simple but different!
Apr 14, 2014
Good. I love garlic, but cut the powder after the first time. Also good with cream of mushroom soup. Good with ground turkey also.
Feb 2, 2013
This is a favorite at my house for adults & children alike. It's always easy to add to. I've added crumbled bacon at my granddaughter's request. Yummy!!
Dec 14, 2012
I have made this recipe several times & get raves each time from everyone. Delicious & a breeze to prepare. It's a quick, easy throw together yet different meal with veggie & rolls, rice or potatoes.