Cheddar Stuffed Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 8 cubes cheddar cheese (1/2 inch each)
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into eight portions. Shape each portion around a cheese cube.
- Place meatballs in an 8x4-in. glass loaf pan coated with cooking spray; top with soup. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 350 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 972mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 23, 2014
I like these. Used fresh minced garlic instead of powder, and cream of mushroom soup instead of tomato. Simple but different!
Apr 14, 2014
Good. I love garlic, but cut the powder after the first time. Also good with cream of mushroom soup. Good with ground turkey also.
Feb 2, 2013
This is a favorite at my house for adults & children alike. It's always easy to add to. I've added crumbled bacon at my granddaughter's request. Yummy!!
Dec 14, 2012
I have made this recipe several times & get raves each time from everyone. Delicious & a breeze to prepare. It's a quick, easy throw together yet different meal with veggie & rolls, rice or potatoes.