Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup(34)
Sort By :
This was very good soup. I used all boxed chicken broth in place of the water & no chicken bouillon cube. I added 1/2 diced onion, broccoli chopped pieces, 2 diced Yukon gold potatoes, & 2 garlic cloves. I also used half & half in place of the milk. I was trying to copy a restaurant's recipe. This was very close & the soup went quickly.
Very simple and quick to make! I omit the salt, and use 1/2 mild cheddar and 1/2 sharp cheddar cheese. So tasty!
I have made this soup several times. We love it! I have also substituted broccoli for the cauliflower. We belong to a co-op and sometimes we get cauliflower,sometimes broccoli. Both are yummy in this soup.
I love this soup. It is so quick and easy and is always a hit. I serve it whenever I have to whip up something healthy in a hurry. Have added corn on occasion as well. Yum. I usually do biscuits or scones to go with this soup and rarely is there leftovers. I've added this recipe to my huge list of favourite soups.
loved this!! Easy to make, I left out the hot sauce, maybe next time i will try it with it but i really liked it with out so not sure