- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
"I love it ,will try it again thanks for the awesome recipy"
"I made this for a Christmas Eve family dinner. It was a huge hit."
"This is wonderful!!! I did think it needed a little more flavor (I didn't add the pepper sauce), so I used 4 chicken bouillon cubes in the water. Perfect!!! I have made this twice, once with cauliflower and once with broccoli, and will make it again and again!!!"
"Fantastic. I didn't shred my carrots and I added a few extra. I got rave reviews at home."
"This was very good and very easy. I added frozen pea's I had on hand after tasting it and that made it even better. I also thought it needed more salt and would like to try it with garlic like others have said next time I make it. But over all very good my husband even liked it but he said could we add some bacon he's a meat person."