Caramel Brownies Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs and milk. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Spoon two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the caramels and condensed milk over low heat until caramels are melted. Pour over baked brownie layer. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over caramel layer; carefully swirl brownie batter with a knife.
- Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Brownies
Sort By :
"I have never seen canola oil in UK. Is there a substitute I could use instead?"
"Easy to do and so delicious"
"The brownie part was okay. Maybe I overcooked it. My favorite brownie recipe is Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies. May try to do a caramel layer with that recipe next time."
"FABULOUS!! My family and coworkers loved these-wouldn't change a thing : )"