Caramel-Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3 small tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 teaspoons drippings. In the same skillet, cook pork chops in 2 teaspoons reserved drippings over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute apples and onion in 1 teaspoon reserved drippings in the same skillet until apples are crisp-tender. Stir in the brown sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Remove chops to serving platter; let stand for 5 minutes. Add spinach to skillet and cook until wilted. Serve with chops. Sprinkle with bacon and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Caramel-Apple Pork Chops
Sort By :
Smelled great and my kids loved it! I halved the sugar, and it was still very sweet, and so more healthy! Loved the combo of apples, oignons and bacon. I didnt add the spinach nor nuts! Just had to go with what I had on hand but still tasted great!
This was not our families favorite recipe. The kitchen smelled really good while cooking but we thought chops were tough and bland. I used one bag of spinach. It took longer than the 35 minutes suggested in the recipe to make. Leftovers still sitting in the fridge. I'll pass on making this one again.
We loved this! We don't like spinach so I subbed in 2 cups of frozen green beans for the spinach. Unbelievably good.
This is a new favorite in my house! My kids can be very picky, but they came into the kitchen telling me how good it smelled and then ate every bit without complaint. I halved the recipe for just me and my kids and used apple juice instead of chicken broth. I also omitted the onion and nuts (personal preference) and just chopped up the spinach and added it during the last minute of cooking time. My kids will eat spinach all day if it's chopped up in their food! All in all, this recipe is going to get a lot of use in my house!
Excellent flavor I don't like walnuts but tried it anyway it was delicious!