- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cut up
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla, chocolate mixture and coffee mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture until blended. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Add confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and vanilla; beat on low speed until combined. Spread over bars. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
For glaze, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; cool slightly. Stir in cream and coffee mixture. Spread over cream cheese layer. Let stand until set. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled brownies in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cappuccino Brownies
"Wow delicious! They were a hit! Very rich but good. Will definitely make again!"
"These were very good. I left the cinnamon out of the cream cheese layer - just a personal preference. They are very rich, and very tasty! Thank you for sharing!!"
"These freeze very well. Let them thaw at room temperature and then refrigerate before serving as they are best served chilled. The flavor is good except I wasn't too fond of the cinnamon with the cream cheese layer."
"Too much coffee flavor. The topping tasted better on a bagel."
"I made these for my brother's birthday one year. I'll definitely be making these again!"
"These were easy to make and they turned out great but i just didnt like them. I didnt really taste the coffee and i didnt like the cinnamon in the middle layer, individually each layer was delicious, just not so good all together."
"Yummy! These took a little time to make, but came out perfect. The flavors go together so well and the texture is nice and creamy. The cream cheese filling with cinnamon is amazing! I could eat that with a spoon. I'll be making it as a frosting in the future. I'm a little concerned I'm going to gain 10 lbs. after making these!"
"Amazingly delicious! I've made twice now, the first time people thought I bought it at some fancy bake shop, the second time I've had so many requests for the recipe, all saying these are the BEST brownies they've ever eaten. One person said they reminded her of something they'd get in a coffee house. These are a little putsy to make, but so worth it. If I could give them more than 5 stars I would, they are that good!"
"Decadently delicious. They take some time to make, but the process is not difficult, and it is definitely worth it."
"These really are very good-dangerous to have around if you know what I mean!"