- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cut up
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla, chocolate mixture and coffee mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture until blended. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Add confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and vanilla; beat on low speed until combined. Spread over bars. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- For glaze, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; cool slightly. Stir in cream and coffee mixture. Spread over cream cheese layer. Let stand until set.
- Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. To use frozen brownies: Thaw at room temperature. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cappuccino Brownies
Sort By :
These were very good. I left the cinnamon out of the cream cheese layer - just a personal preference. They are very rich, and very tasty! Thank you for sharing!!
These freeze very well. Let them thaw at room temperature and then refrigerate before serving as they are best served chilled. The flavor is good except I wasn't too fond of the cinnamon with the cream cheese layer.
Too much coffee flavor. The topping tasted better on a bagel.
I made these for my brother's birthday one year. I'll definitely be making these again!
These were easy to make and they turned out great but i just didnt like them. I didnt really taste the coffee and i didnt like the cinnamon in the middle layer, individually each layer was delicious, just not so good all together.