Peppermint Patty Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes2 to 2-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread about two-thirds of the batter in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Arrange peppermint patties over top. Carefully spread remaining batter over patties. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (top will appear uneven). Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 257 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 7, 2017
I think these are my favorite brownies. I have tried the cheap peppermint patties, but the York Peppermint patties are the best. I have also tried peanut butter cups, but the peppermint patties are so much better.
Dec 21, 2015
Have made these a lot. So good.
Aug 31, 2015
As others have said, I also had to bake mine longer than specified. I used Andes Mint instead of peppermint patties because family likes them better. I also cut down the sugar just a tad.
Aug 8, 2013
Make this recipe a couple times a year--it's just too rich to make more often (but we'd like to!) We've also made it with peanut butter cups instead of peppermint patties. Just awesome! I do bake them about 45-50 minutes.
Mar 16, 2013
These brownies were EXCELLENT! Easy and quick to make, and my kids absolutely loved them!
Aug 30, 2012
I had the same difficulty as the previous poster--the patties sunk to the bottom and glued themselves to the pan. I'm hoping I can salvage it.
Mar 16, 2012
I took these to a pot luck at work and they didn't last long. They are so rich that you could easily cut them into smaller bars and still be satisfied. If you don't like peppermint, then these bars aren't for you.
Mar 21, 2011
Fantastic, needs a little longer in the oven...but was a def. hit!!
Dec 28, 2010
Always a hit wherever I take it. It takes longer to bake than posted.
Dec 28, 2010
Always a hit wherever I take it.