Campfire Trout Dinner for Two Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 pan-dressed trout (1 pound each)
- 4 lemon slices
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Cook bacon until partially cooked but not crisp; drain. Place each trout on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 18 in.). Place lemon and onions in the trout cavities; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap trout with bacon. Fold foil around trout and seal tightly.
- 2. Place carrots on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 18 in.); sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dot with butter. Fold foil around carrots and seal tightly.
- 3. Grill carrots, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add trout packets to grill; cook 20-25 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and carrots are tender. Serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 711 calories, 32g fat (11g saturated fat), 270mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 86g protein
Reviews for Campfire Trout Dinner for Two
"This dish was very good, easy, quick & little clean up. I also added potatoes, quartered, & corn on the cob, quartered, to carrots."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.