Campfire Trout Dinner for Two Recipe
Your fresh catch will taste even better with this simple treatment that keeps the fish moist. Carrots are an excellent accompaniment; cook up in a separate foil packet. —Wendy McGowan, Fontana, California
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 pan-dressed trout (1 pound each)
- 4 lemon slices
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Cook bacon until partially cooked but not crisp; drain. Place each trout on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 20x18-in.). Place lemon and onion in the trout cavities; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap trout with bacon. Fold foil around trout and seal tightly.
- 2. Place carrots on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 20x18-in.); sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dot with butter. Fold foil around carrots and seal tightly.
- 3. Grill carrots, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add trout packets to grill; cook 20-25 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and carrots are tender. Serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 711 calories, 32g fat (11g saturated fat), 270mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 86g protein.
Reviews for Campfire Trout Dinner for Two
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC