Calgary Stampede Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons each salt, pepper, chili powder and ground cumin
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Rub ribs with garlic; place in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours. Cool slightly. Combine the seasonings and rub over ribs. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside 3/4 cup. Brush ribs with some of the remaining sauce.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12 minutes, turning and basting with sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Calgary Stampede Ribs(18)
Sort By :
I use Chopped (jar) Garlic to rub them with. I keep excess Rib Rub in the freezer: to use on the next batch of C.S.R. A friend prefers much more Cayenne Pepper (uses 5 shakes): same friend uses a bag to apply Rib Rub (similarly to Shake-n-Bake): I find that too spicy, so I stick to the recipe. Excellent Recipe
This is my very favourite Rib recipe. I never used to even think much about Pork Ribs: after finding this recipe, now I look for Rib Sales.
I made a few slight modifications to suite my taste, such as eliminating the pepper and cayenne pepper because I don't like pepper. Even with these changes, the ribs went over well and everyone really enjoyed them! This recipe is a success and is a keeper!
I have made these delicious ribs a few times. They are a little bit time-consuming but so worth it. Everyone raves about them. I normally grill them but I am going to try the slow cooker.
This was a very easy recipe. The ribs were so delicious. Great sauce! Will definitely make again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilled Ribs >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >