I think this recipe is the perfect example of "Mom's Sunday Best". It was a favorite with me and my 10 brothers and sisters. We thought Mom was the world's best cook and she always outdid herself on Sundays!— Linda Funderburke, Brockport, New York
Recommended: 54 Amazing Ways to Love Winter Veggies
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup shredded process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large covered saucepan, cook cabbage in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, blend soup and milk; heat well. Add cheese and stir until melted. Pour over cabbage. Saute bread crumbs in butter until golden; sprinkle over cabbage. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until hot. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage Au Gratin in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p58
Reviews for Cabbage Au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2012
"This is a great recipe and very easy to make. You do not need to be a cabbage lover for this cabbage dish."