- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, shortening, egg, salt and 1 cup of flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Dip the balls in butter and arrange evenly in a greased 9-in. fluted tube pan. Drizzle with remaining butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Buttery Bubble Bread
Sort By :
"Love this recipe, I've been making it for years! It is easy to halve and bake in a loaf pan. Also I only use 1/2-3/4 of the butter called for in the recipe. Delicious!"
"Nice texture, comes apart easily."
"We've been making this recipe for holidays dinners for years. Sometimes we cut back on the butter just a little bit."
"This is so easy and the kids love it."
"This is one of the best tasting bread recipes I've ever had. I took it to a bible study dinner and every one loved it with our supper. I've also used the dough recipe to make cinnomn rolls that was great too."