This pie was always a family favorite at holidays. Everyone thought I'd worked all day to make it, but it's actually so easy to assemble. It's handy to have in the freezer when unexpected company stops in for coffee and dessert. —Arletta Slocum, Venice, Florida
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping, optional
- Additional whipped cream
- Spread ice cream into the crust; freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; fold in whipped cream. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping. Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping if desired. Dollop with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Butter Pecan Pumpkin Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p31
Reviews for Butter Pecan Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review