Browned Butter Red Potatoes Recipe
- 16 medium red potatoes (about 4 pounds), quartered
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring constantly. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds longer or until butter is golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes; transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with browned butter and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Browned Butter Red Potatoes(2)
Sort By :
Too much garlic for me. Fried these up in the morning with breakfast and they were delicious with some peppers and onions added.
Since there are only four of us at home I scaled down this recipe. Very easy to make and delicious. Next time I am going to smash the potatoes a bit to get some more butter goodness
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Easy Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potato Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >