- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shaved Asiago cheese
- Place broccoli in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Drain well. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli, salt and pepper. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli with Asiago
"We all loved it! My husband gave it a "10" after just a few bites, & it was the first thing gone on my 2 & 4 yr-old's plates. One thing - when it says "keep warm" about the broccoli, they aren't kidding. It cools off very quickly. The asiago is a perfect compliment."
"We made this as one of our sides for our Thanksgiving dinner, and we loved it. What a healthy - and different - way to prepare broccoli!"