Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a skillet; bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry. In a serving bowl, toss the broccoli, tomato, beans, onion, cheese and salt. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 138 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 6, 2018
Total keeper! Can't. Stop. Eating. Hasn't even made it to the fridge yet, and I've devoured at least a third of this stuff. Always looking for ways to use fresh broccoli, and I love kidney beans. For this recipe I used fresh broccoli that comes in a bag that allows you to steam it in the microwave (nice on a hot day not to turn the stove on). My favorite ranch dressing is sold cold, in a jar, in the produce section--and it was full fat and calorie fantastic in this salad.
Apr 28, 2014
It was a nice change from the usual side salad. I replaced the tomato with a cup of grape tomatoes and the fat free ranch dressing with light ranch dressing.
Mar 7, 2010
This is a nice change of pace from the usual sweet broccoli salad recipe. I use light ranch dressing instead of fat free.