- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. Stir reserved drippings into cornflakes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in hash browns. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with bacon and cornflake mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Breakfast Pie
"The 'pisxing contest' below is a first for me on this Site. The meal is 'home cooked,' the folks around the table are drinking their coffee, tea or hot choc. Laughter between close to 20 fishermen in my MH. Some at the table, some on the fold out bed (where they'd slept that night or on the floor in sleeping bags. Does anyone care what kind of 'cheese' goes into the thing? Had to jump this to 5 dozen eggs (et all), and what do you have in your coolers to add???? Thank God I carry huge cast iron pans/pots. Three or four Colman stoves making more coffee and side dishes... and bring your own plate/silverware.Wife/signif-other .. close to 40 bundled up in a 36 degree morning just a tad after sunrise.Magic Morning for all."
"Just add the cottage or ricotta cheese!!If you don't tell the picky relatives there is cottage cheese in there, they will NEVER know!!"
"Do you need the cottage cheese/ricotta cheese at all? What does it add? Thanks, only asking because my family doesn't care for either."
"Katandalan, try using ricotta cheese instead of the cottage cheese. My lasagna recipe uses both, & the ricotta is smoother. My husband doesn't like cottage cheese either, but he'll eat it in baked recipes."
"Has anyone made this without the cottage cheese or substituted something else for same? My husband hates cottage but I would like to make this."
"A really good recipe! I've made a casserole similar to this for Sunday brunch. I use yellow onions and vegetable hash browns instead!"