Make Monday fun-day with a hassle-free homemade pizza featuring refrigerated breadsticks as the crust. Feeding kids? Slice pieces into small strips and let them dip each strip into marinara sauce. They’ll love it! —Mary Hankins, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
- Unroll breadsticks into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan; pinch seams to seal. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, onion and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning in 2 teaspoons oil until crisp-tender; drain.
- Brush crust with remaining oil. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheddar cheese; top with vegetable mixture and Canadian bacon. Combine mozzarella cheese and remaining cheddar cheese; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce.
Freeze option: Bake crust as directed, add toppings and cool. Securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Breadstick Pizza in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p19
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Breadstick Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review