- 3 pounds uncooked bratwurst links
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- For each of two foil packets, arrange a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 17x15 in.) on a flat surface.
- Cut brats into thirds. Divide the brats, potatoes, carrots, onion and mushrooms evenly between the two double-layer foil pieces. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with soup mix, soy sauce and pepper. Bring edges of foil together; crimp to seal, forming two large packets. Seal tightly; turn to coat.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 23-28 minutes on each side or until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Bratwurst Supper
Sort By :
"Family favorite. I triple the recipe for large gatherings and cook in my Nesco. Never any leftovers."
"Thanks so much for all the great reiews! I always have these ingrediants on hand for when company comes. So easy and it's great having company help make it."
"This is still my husbands favorite dinner - two years since my first review. He requests it so often that I now alternate the soup mix and soy sauce with montreal steak spice to keep things interesting. And I always pre-fry the brats in a pan now, just to crisp the outside not cooked all the way through, it adds so much more flavor!"
"I've made this many times since I came across the recipe several years ago. It is by far one of our families favorite meals. Very delicious!"
"Made this while camping this past summer and the whole family loved it. And so, so easy for camping."