Brats with Sauerkraut Recipe
- 8 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 8 brat buns, split
- Place the bratwurst in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, apples, bacon, brown sugar, onion and mustard; spoon over bratwurst.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the sausage reads 160°.
- Place brats in buns; using a slotted spoon, top with sauerkraut mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Brats with Sauerkraut(9)
Sort By :
We did not like this. Not sure if I did something wrong but none of us liked. Sorry
I make this once a week. My family loves it! I use 10 brats, and I add a half of cabbage quartered. Delicious!
This was delicious! I followed the recipe except used a jumbo onion and a little more brown sugar. Will make again for sure!
Very good. Nice to come home to on a cold snowy day.
My friend makes this and it's great!!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >