Cabbage and Brats
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small head cabbage (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) turkey bratwurst links, casing removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut cabbage in half through the core. Remove core and cut cabbage into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. Cut onion in half and cut into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir bratwurst over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Drain and remove bratwurst; set aside and keep warm.
- Add cabbage and onion to the same skillet; cook and stir for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes longer. Return bratwurst to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and bratwurst is cooked through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 274 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 929mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 17, 2015
Delicious! We can't believe how tasty this is with such simple ingredients. Will be making again!
Oct 1, 2011
I added an apple to this recipe and my husband loved it!
Oct 6, 2010
I loved this recipe. It's very tasty
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.