A dollop of whipped topping adds a nice finishing touch to this satisfying crumble. Sometimes I drizzle a little flavored coffee creamer on top instead of the whipped topping. —Nancy Sousley, Lafayette, Indiana
- 6 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine blueberries, rhubarb, sugar and flour. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- For topping, in a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes. Serve warm; dollop with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry-Rhubarb Crumble in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p20
Reviews for Blueberry-Rhubarb Crumble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review