- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the blueberries.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Oat Cookies
Sort By :
I was in the mood for an oatmeal cookie with blueberries and this recipe is perfect. They look exactly like the photo. Did not spread out flat and are soft and chewy. Followed the recipe exactly, using a tsp and a half of cinnamon, but next time will use 2 tsp. Love cinnamon.
These are outstanding--a real favorite!
I love the taste of these cookies. I followed the recipe to the 'T' and they do not look like the picture. Mine were flat as pancakes. Next time I'll use butter and Crisco. Less butter and more Crisco.
Made the recipe with one tsp of cinnamon, they were excellent, will definitely make again!
Made these yesterday with fresh blueberries. The cookies were excellent. I was sorry I didn't double the recipe. It was quick and delicious. I especially liked that it used only brown sugar. Made the taste a little bit different and very good.