This weeknight meal is fast and reminiscent of a BLT, with its chunks of bacon and tomato. The whole wheat linguine gives the skillet extra flavor and texture. —Edrie O'Brien, Denver, Colorado
- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute tomato and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as BLT Skillet in Country Woman April/May 2009, p37
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for BLT Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review