- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute tomato and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for BLT Skillet
"Very good and next time will probably add a little more bacon. Very easy to make and I tripled the recipe and used regular linguini not whole wheat."
"I made this tonight for my family and it was nearly all eaten. I had quadrupled the recipe because I have four kids and two are teens. It was very very good, and nice and lighter for a hot humid summer evening. I did add diced onion and fresh rosemary from the garden and a side of sliced, chilled cucumbers for a wonderful dinner. This recipe goes into the "keeper" file!!!"
"Wonderful, Great way to use whole wheat pasta."
"Made this for our supper tonight and it was delicious. I over-guessed the amount of spaghetti to use, and there was a bit too much, so I just added another tomato and just a little olive oil. Perfect. We will have this again!"
"Delicious! I tripled the recipe to feed the whole family and added garlic bread. Everyone loved it."
"Very good. I would add more bacon next time. Can't go wrong with bacon!"
"This makes a really easy and tastey meal.Because it only makes two servings if your making it for a family you will need to double the recipe.I also increased the tomatoe. I served with a salad and garlic bread.It makes an easy meal for after a day at work"
"Hubby made this for our first time and took some liberties, but this is a wonderful recipe! Old Bay was added to the pasta water and pre-cooked shrimp were dropped in to heat up right before draining. He used six bacon strips and 2 tomatoes just because we like them. This is a way different meal than we normally eat, but are so glad we tried it. Thanks so much for posting the recipe. We'll have it regularly in the future."
"Who doesn't love bacon and I love that it uses linguini - I only added a bit of mozzarella as we are cheese freaks"