- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute tomato and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for BLT Skillet
Sort By :
"Who doesn't love bacon and I love that it uses linguini - I only added a bit of mozzarella as we are cheese freaks"
"This was good. A lot more flavor then expected. Will need to make 1-1/2 batches next time. It needs more tomato in my opinion. Served this with sauteed squash and a salad. will make again."
"Simple yet tons of flavor!"
"My husband and boys really liked this. They are all very picky. I made a double batch this first time and they all took a second serving."