- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of the beans with a fork.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in corn, cumin, chili powder, mashed beans and the remaining beans; heat through. Stir in spinach just until wilted.
- Spread four tortillas with bean mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Place on two ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each into six wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Black Bean 'n' Corn Quesadillas
Sort By :
"I love quesadillas and black beans! These are so good and quick and easy to prepare. If you want them a little more hearty, add some rotisserie chicken to them."
"Love this dish! Instead of spinach, I use cilantro. I use this in quesadillas and as a dip for tortilla chips."