- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mash 1 cup beans with a fork.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in corn, cumin, chili powder, mashed beans and remaining beans; heat through. Stir in spinach just until wilted.
- Spread each of four tortillas with about 1/2 cup bean mixture; sprinkle each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Place on two ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean 'n' Corn Quesadillas in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p49
Reviews for Black Bean 'n' Corn Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2010
"Love this dish! Instead of spinach, I use cilantro. I use this in quesadillas and as a dip for tortilla chips."