- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of the beans with a fork.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in corn, cumin, chili powder, mashed beans and the remaining beans; heat through. Stir in spinach just until wilted.
- Spread four tortillas with bean mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Place on two ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each into six wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Black Bean 'n' Corn Quesadillas
"Very easy - my daughter could make it. But we all agreed that it was too bland. Next time I will add salsa. We put it in the oven for 10 minutes, and it was too crisp. Next time we will watch it more carefully."
"Love this dish! Instead of spinach, I use cilantro. I use this in quesadillas and as a dip for tortilla chips."